Illustration of vest with D8FTW tour list of cities and conferences
Drupal 8 is expected out this fall sometime (good lord willin' and the crick don't rise, as my mother used to say). It's a big change, but a long-needed one. It's also one that the whole PHP community is looking forward to, if what I've seen at conferences over the last few years is anything to go by.
One of my foci this year has been to help the Drupal and PHP communities get ready for Drupal 8. That's why I've been submitting Drupal 8-centric sessions to conferences across the country and around the world, and why conferences keep asking for them! (Tip for people who want to submit sessions to PHP conferences...)
Without intending to, I have basically kicked off my own Drupal 8 World Tour!
Where has the tour been so far in 2015?
- Sunshine PHP 2015: Drupal 8: The Crash Course
- DrupalCon Bogota: Drupal and Us keynote, and Design Systems and Drupal
- DrupalCamp Hyderabad: Drupal and Us keynote (via Hangout)
- Midwest PHP, Minneapolis: Drupal 8: The Crash Course
- Lonestar PHP, Dallas: Drupal 8: The Crash Course and Functional PHP
- DrupalCon Los Angeles: Drupal 8: The Crash Course, among others :-)
(I was also at Midcamp here in Chicago, but of all places they didn't want a Drupal 8 talk from me!)
If you haven't caught the tour yet, it may be coming to a town near you soon. My travel schedule for the rest of the year is pretty booked as well. Join me at any of the following events (which should be great events in their own right) to get a Crash Course in Drupal 8 or more!
- Twin Cities Drupal Camp, Minneapolis, 25-28 June: Drupal 8: The Crash Course, and Design Systems and Drupal. Also check out sessions by fellow Palantiri on PhpSpec, The history and future of rendering HTML in Drupal, and Lessons on code quality from Dr. Seuss
- NYC Camp, 16-19 July: Drupal 8: The Crash Course and Design Systems for Drupal, once again.
- Pacific Northwest PHP, Seattle, 10-12 September: I'll be reprising my epic Eating ElePHPants keynote (note: No Elephants were harmed in the making of Drupal 8)
- DrupalCon Barcelona, 21-25 September: Sessions haven't been picked yet, I expect to be there
- Bulgaria PHP, Sofia, 25-27 September: Both Eating ElePHPants and Drupal 8: The Crash Course, a special double-feature!
- HighEdWeb, Milwaukee, 4-7 October: Drupal 8: The Crash Course
- Connect JS, Atlanta, 16-17 October: A PHP track at a JS conference? You betcha.
- php[world], Washington, DC, 16-20 November: Drupal 8: The Crash Course, and a new talk on the PHP Framework Interoperability Group.
And stay tuned for a few other possibilities in October...
Let's get together and learn about Drupal 8!
Update: Looks like I'll be talking about Functional PHP at Connect JS, not Drupal. However, Drupal 8: The Crash Course and Many Drupals will both appear at ZendCon 2015 in Las Vegas, October 19-22!